Mechanical Designer/Drafter - AutoCAD
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Over 60 years strong, McClure Engineering is a well established consulting engineering firm known for developing innovative solutions for unique engineering problems and systems technologies for complex institutional style buildings. The firm's philosophy is through a cooperative team approach, where the risks associated with new ideas can be successfully borne and the state-of-the-art advanced. |
Recently nominated as 2013 Best Places to Work in St. Louis finalist, McClure continues to offer its employees growth and stability in addition to challenging and rewarding work. Further, McClure offers competitive pay commensurate with qualifications and experience and a comprehensive benefits package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security.
Currently, we are seeking an experienced Mechanical Designer/Drafter to assist in the execution of projects through designing building systems and developing construction documents to fully communicate the design intent.
1. Design - Perform design and layout functions required for the project (duct/pipe/conduit sizing and routing; equipment room layout; circuiting/flow diagrams; coordination with building elements and building systems; coordination with outside clients and preparing specifications), while coordinating with designers, drafters, and engineers. Review drawings for proper practices, quality, clarity, and consistency with office design standards.
2. Perform field work and construction observation as directed by a designer, project engineer or principal.
3. Communication - Effectively coordinate with internal and external members of the design team, including firm staff, client owners and architects.
4. Coordinate equipment locations, routings and share pertinent project information with other disciplines and/or clients in a timely manner. Assist in the review of shop drawings and specifications. Filing of project documents on the network, completing timesheets, expense reports, etc.
5. Perform other duties as needed.
|Qualifications:||>Technical Training Degree in AutoCAD |
> 2-5 years work-related experience designing and drafting building systems
>2+ years work-related experience designing/drafting HVAC systems
>2+ years work-related experience designing/drafting plumbing systems
>Must be proficient in AutoCAD; experience with REVIT MEP is a plus
>Previous experience working for an MEP firm strongly preferred
>Superior communication skills both verbal and written required
>90% indoors at firmís facility
>10% indoors or outdoors at project or construction sites where hard-hat is often required.
>Personal Protective Equipment is provided by firm.
>Ability to work outdoors in hot summers and cold winters is required.
>Minimal requirements to perform strenuous physical activity in order to navigate construction site.
Special Requirement: Must be able to transport self to and from various construction and work sites.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.